On June, 15th 2005 I gave a talk in the system modeling seminar.
I’ll try to discuss the benefits of using Java Data Objects for application persistency and give a short survey of main programming interface for using JDO.
- last modification on 2005-06-17
- The-JDO-Persistence-Model.pdf (178 KB)
JDO is a specification for design object domain models without having to consider the persistency of data. Main target of JDO is the abstraction of concrete data storage solutions and the provision of transparent and implementation-independent solutions for persistent data.
Starting with an introduction in the architectural model behind Java Data Objects, the realization is outlined. Furthermore, the API itself is in focus of examination and main programming interfaces, and the JDO-QL will be discussed.
Finally, it is aimed to give an outlook on the up-coming JDO 2.0 specification.
- last modification on 2005-07-13, now it’s final
- The-JDO-Persistence-Model.paper.pdf (532 KB)
- as HTML
- open source JDO implementation
- will become JDO 2.0 Reference Implementation
- SysMod Seminar at Hasso-Plattner-Institute (HPI)