Disclaimer: The artifact, for which I put this automation together, was rejected. I take this as a reminder that the technical bits still require good documentation to be useful.
One of the first things that I found problematic about paper writing was the manual processing and updating of numbers based on experiments. Ever since my master thesis, this felt like a unnecessary and error prone step.
Along the way to measure the performance of a Smalltalk implementation for commodity multi-core systems, I tried to use Pharo as a more convenient development platform. Well, and I failed in the first attempt…